Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Cookie Jar

I have been searching for a cookie jar for a while now. Mainly on Etsy and at the flea market. I have found so many but they were all too big and too expensive. I wanted a jar to hold our cookies (we make and buy a lot of cookies around here) but I wanted a medium sized one so that it doesn't take up too much space.

I have had this cute tea canister on my counter top for a while now. I have always kept tea bags in it.

Once I received this awesome vintage canister set for my birthday from some great friends, I knew the previous canister had to take a back seat (The tea canister is the only on in use, the others are on top of the cabinets. I love the vintage look they give. They are from the 70's).




After swapping the tea canisters out I stuck the old one in a cabinet. Tonight I was thinking about a cookie jar after we made a fresh batch of sugar cookies and that tea canister came to mind. It would be the perfect size! Since it only says "tea" on one side, I decided to turn it around and add "cookies" to the other side!

I used my Silhouette to cut out a fun border and the word "cookies" in vinyl. After I placed the letters carefully on the jar, I put our cookies in it and it found a new home in the kitchen pantry! I love it! It is fun making something old that was sitting with no purpose anymore into something functional and cute!


Hope you are somewhere warm and cozy on this chilly Sunday night! We are crossing our fingers for snow here in NC!!!

6 comments: